Monday, February 20, 2006

IMDB is the Real Database.!!

IMDB..the largest database of International Movies..really deserves applause. For one moment, I think that how could I be so oblivious of the power of this exceptional database, while for the other moment, I relish knowing that same power. The amount of activity and buzz that's on in this database is truly impressive.

I watched the movie Flightplan a few moments ago and immediately turned to IMDB for the some reviews. Though the reviews used to be the only reason for me to visit this site, I went on a bit further this time. For every movie, there is an independent forum running on IMDB. And imagine, thousands of posts being made discussing in full length and breadth, the movie and each of its pecularities. I feel the movie makers themselves might not have put in so much discussion as compared to the one that goes on in such forums.

And then suddenly, I realise how inactive I tend to be in this context. Everyone tends to have some or the other views on the things they see in their lives. But it's not presented always. And this is what needs to be brought out and made open. With the advent of the Internet and the opening up of such forums, one has tremendous opportunities of making himself part of these huge discussion groups, and hence contributing to the world knowledge and the power of sharing. I believe this is something we all should follow and thus maintain the pace of the world rolling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sidharth Kapoor said...

The Power Of Sharing!
"IMDB" is an Encyclopedia of Movies with the blogs and discussions - - so it makes it more useful!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home