Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Are you Serious..???

There are times in this world when one has to stop going with the flow and start to change direction from normal swift. Thats when one has has to settle for his priorities and work really hard in order to have those priorities see the dawn of the day. And thats what ive realised in the last one month, having identified my dreams and putting in days and nights to have that right within my reach.And when people comment on this behavior of mine with sentences like you've become very serious or you are a very sincere person, for one second i feel like having making them weep for this hooey, but then the very next i somehow realise its not the right thing. Is it my fault that ive finally decided what I have to become or what I atleast wish to attain from my life, that people very covertly try to signal me that im doing something seriously wrong or abnormal. Is it my fault that people have no aspirations from their lives whatsoever and have no goals for their future for they also like their fathers wish to have some mundane small 5000-buck-paying job and expect to be satisfied with their respective lives. Or is it my fault that the world seems to be so easy-looking to these people that they somehow dont realise the worst face of this bestowing form of life. I simply feel sad for these people who, having lived through the first 20 and the most crucial years of their lives, fail to abreast themselves with the competetion they are to face in this sucking and funny world of its own diabolic type.

Well, regarding i being a very sincere person, thats very much true, because i believe in doing the job at hand in the best possible way. Now even if that demands me to do something which may hurt others, or of which others may feel ashamed to be with me or whatsoever, I dont care for them and their thoughts. When one has put in money and the zeal to achieve something, why should he not put his 101% to have it. Or should he leave it in the midst of gloom and uncertailty. A job done half-heartedly is equivalent to having not done it at all..and thats what I am trying to say. With terrific interest in clearing GRE, for example, but in no interest in investing time for the imperative efforts and not showing up at the coaching inspite of having spend hard-earned money of your parents, makes that interest of yours worth nothing, not a single penny. And this is exactly what my colleagues are doing..!!

I see people coming to my room every now and then sniffing chances of gaming and having fun for sometime..which ultimately turns out to be long time though. And I feel something fishy going on in their minds for they see me doing work seriously every time and not all interested in wasting time like them on non-sense of a job. Just moments ago, a guy came up and asked of my roommate,"kahan hain .??", very laconic were his words. And he didnt even wait for the answer, having seen I was busy and doing something at my desk. Yes gaming is the prime reason people come over here, this gareeb-khana of mine. And why not, they get to have some timepass, or probably getting away with some server initiation back to their cubicles for continuing on with it all together, fighting for some football..or killing their oppositons amidst clamorous shouts and strident atmosphere surrounding. So when they see me, with some different kinda sight and shoot out questions at me, like what the shit you are doing, and why the hell are you wasting your time on holy shit like this, through their lucid non-verbal language, I get dubious over the issue of my acts and my decisions. I know, one would say why does this guy have to care about what people say or think about him, but frankly speaking, its difficult to avoid these emotions and perceptions. Simply put, why dont people realize their dreams and proceed like me to finally feel smugged with it, rather than me being the only one on the court and doubting over the validity of my seriousness amidst a bunch of people who are on the other side of the grid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ankur said...

well rajee....that was crisp and pretty well put up. in the beginning u really took the reader (me) for a ride ..as in a strong-willed power guy is writin bout his convictions, his plans and they looked almost up there for u to grab...but i think people would indeed say after readin the concluding part that why the hell u bother wat ppl have to say..? to hell with them..give them a damn...first of all very rarely ppl get such a picture-clear vision as u have got...i dont think it wuld be wise to make it blur with non-sensical ppl's peep-in ... let them be wat they are...already a lot of time has gone with wind...wat is essential is to keep that fire alive (as u showed in openin stanza of this post)...

and then u'd make ur own fortune...( i m sure..) they say : -

"Luck is residue of hard-work"..

good-luck

~Ankur~

12:15 AM  
Blogger Sidharth Kapoor said...

Its all about priorities.
-Concious Priorities
-Compulsive Priorities
-Superstitous priorities
-Priorities rubbed onto you by your past and present environ.
-Impulsive and Sponteneous priorities
-Indecision
-Procrastination
-Illusions

All these things influence you every moment...its like a series of separate moments that we live in you know.

Also there is more to it when you consider the Harmonic and Chemical state, which you may term as Metabolism, in some cases that changes your responses to situations.

Whether you are in the common "Swift"(I like the way you used this word) or toward a different direction its these things that influence you so much. Reasoning and justifying things with Millions of similar variables in place, gets very difficult. The only things you may observe are trends. Ignorance and illusions play a major role too.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home